ZIS reacted quickly in the spring of 2020, immediately switching to a successful online learning platform during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown period. Our focus is on protecting the health, safety and well-being of our entire school community and we will follow all rules implemented by the Swiss and cantonal authorities.
The ZIS Safeguarding Committee meets regularly to review this constantly evolving situation. Our priority is to minimize risk, to safeguard our academic day, and to maintain normal curricular experiences. We are striving to balance caution with reason and implement responses that are prudent, justified, and effective.
All campus visitors, including ZIS parents, are required to complete a registration form prior to their visit.
- Please complete the relevant form for the campus you wish to visit
- ZIS Parents - please complete the parent visitor form - when you login, the form will pre-populate as much information as possible
We are fortunate to be in a canton that gives such clear guidance. In the 2021/22 year, teaching will be classroom-based when at all possible. If the Cantonal Directorate of Health asks us to put classes, grades or an entire campus into quarantine, the Continuous Learning Plan (CLP) will take place.
According to the cantonal rules, we have established COVID safety plans, published below. In the Community Portal parents will find campus-specific information.
Schutzkonzept Upper School
Schutzkonzept Lower and Middle School
Schutzkonzept Thalwiler Taxi
Reinigungskonzept Upper School
Reinigungskonzept Middle School
Reinigungskonzept Lower School
- Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)
Official Swiss Coronovirus Info-line:
+41 58 463 00 00, daily 24 hours, in German, English, French and Italian
- Stadt Zuerich
- Directorate of Education
- Health Directorate
In a continued coordinated effort school wide to support our students and families, the counseling department is assessing the situation with students and employees on each campus to be able to offer specific support as needed.
- Please feel free to contact a counselor should you become aware of any student who has expressed excessive worries about the spread of the virus or has experienced mistreatment due to nationality or ethnicity.
- All students, parents and staff are welcome to talk with the ZIS counselors to get advice about ways to cope best through this time.