School can be an inspiring time. But it is also challenging, and can be overwhelming.
At ZIS, we believe that every member of our community should feel supported. That is why our school counselors are on hand to provide assistance and advice on a range of issues.
Every child feels uncertain or stressed sometimes, which is why we have counseling departments in all divisions of the school to provide guidance and advice.
Our experienced and highly trained counselors work with students to understand their situation and their needs.
We work with students on academic, social and emotional issues, and also act as a bridge between the school and parents.
We want every child to feel like they are supported, but also learn the tools to help them manage their stress and mental health.
We can assist on a range of issues, including:
- Communication and relationship-building with peers, parents and teachers
- Time management and study skills
- Stress management
- Anxiety reduction
- Management of peer-pressure
We can also connect parents to outside service providers providing ongoing therapy. We see students in small groups and individually, as well as in the classroom and informal settings.
Whichever step your child is planning next, we can provide guidance and support.
We believe in helping students find the path that fits their abilities, interests and needs. More than 100 university representatives visit our school each year to meet with ZIS students and their counselors.
However, university is not the only path available to students. We can advise you or your child on how to achieve their ambitions – and what they need to get there.
- In Grade 9, we can help students transition into the Upper School, select the right co-curricular activities for them, and discover their strengths and learning style.
- In Grade 10, we help them build their personality and interests, while developing their academic plans. This is done through family meetings and information sessions.
- In Grade 11, students are encouraged to focus on learning, and honestly evaluating their strengths and interests. They will also look more closely at the options open to them.
- In Grade 12, students are empowered to think about how to present themselves as good candidates for their next steps. This may include preparing application statements for university, and ensuring they can share their abilities, strengths, character and interests with others in a compelling way.
Help With Your New Start
Moving to a new community or a new country can be a challenging experience.
Our school counselors will do everything they can to ensure that you and your family settle in at ZIS, and in your new home.
We can connect your child with a student buddy who can help them make new friends and find their way around. We can also introduce your family to other members of our community.
To find out more about how we help you feel more at home in Switzerland, visit our Joining ZIS page.
We are here if you have questions about ZIS. Contact us to learn more.
Fill out our Registration of Interest Form to arrange a visit and learn more about how we make learning a joyful and challenging experience.
Register your interest so we can get to know you and your family better and arrange a personalized visit to ZIS.