As parents, we all ache with dreams for our children. Parents who choose ZIS are making the best possible choice for educational pathways that will prepare their child to thrive academically, socially and emotionally, wherever their journey – or family’s next move – takes them. What’s most important is that we instill a love of learning in preparation for a life empowered by learning, confidence and the ability to collaborate effectively with others from around the world.
As you come to learn more about ZIS, you will realize that we offer a transferable, transformational education that is open to everyone, but which also offers a unique pathway for each student. We encourage students to try new things so they can figure out what inspires them.
But it is not just about academic preparation: we are deeply committed to helping prepare young people to thrive in a complex, global community. That means we focus on the whole child, on their character development, as well as on their academic progress. Students are known and supported here. Our approach to teaching challenges students without overwhelming them, and it allows them to develop their character and protect their mental health in the process.
We prepare students to unlock their highest potential and contribute to the community and the world in which they work and live. We offer a bilingual pathway alongside our international pathway in Lower School: we want to bring international and local students together to develop mutual understanding and strong language skills, in both English and German, along with other world languages.
At ZIS, as a not-for-profit organization, we are always looking forward and always learning, all income is directed toward what’s best for our students. We strive hard to develop new ways to better engage our students, and to grow as a community. To that end, we invite active parent engagement, partnership and support.
Meeting Students Where They Are
Small, close-knit communities are important for learning success. Our three schools on two campuses allow our 1,200+ students to have an intimate, personalized learning experience at each stage of their journey
Lower School (ages 3-11)
Size: 400 students
Grades: Preschool to Grade 5
- Personalized learning pathways at each stage of development with individual learning technology provided
- Bilingual Pathway in English/German from ages 3-8, expanding to age 12
- Distinctive co-curricular activities and clubs after school
- Purpose-built facility with age appropriate playgrounds
- School bus service and access to public transport
Middle School (ages 11-14)
Size: 340 students
Grades: 6 to 8
- Inquiry-based curriculum with the choice from a wide variety of classes
- Individual learning technology provided
- Distinctive co-curricular activities and after school clubs
- Brand new facility opened in August 2022 including a media center, Design Lab, and theater, music and performance areas
- Access to public transport
Upper School (ages 14-18)
Size: 540 students
Grades: 9 to 12
- Flexible and rigorous curriculum pathways with technology integrated
- Options from International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement courses
- Distinctive co-curricular program
- Career counselling and university application support
- Modern campus with access to public transport
We are here if you have questions about ZIS. Contact us to learn more.
Take a virtual tour and see our age appropriate Primary Campus facilities.
We have a diverse international community at ZIS. Find out more about what to expect day-to-day.